Professional Development Overview
Professional training opportunities are developed by Diagnostic Center staff in response to needs identified by school district staff, both locally and statewide. The Diagnostic Center, Central California, disseminates a syllabus describing training opportunities available throughout the year and in various formats including:
- One-day workshops: held in your region or district.
- Comprehensive training and technical assistance projects: in-depth content training and multiple levels of follow-up support, including demonstration teaching and on-site consultation.
- Video-conferencing: certain technical assistance opportunities can be accomplished via videoconferencing, allowing multiple follow-ups and eliminating travel constraints.
- Other Services
There is no cost for any of our training services. Training is available on a "first come, first served" basis. A minimum of 25 participants is required at most trainings.
For more information and to schedule a training, visit the Request a Training page.
Additional Training Resources
- 2021-2022 Training Information Brochure (PDF)
Provides information regarding the formal professional learning activities offered by the Diagnostic Center, Northern California to Local Education Agency (LEA) staff, and parents, and other educational professionals.
- 2021-2022 Professional Development Opportunities - At-A-Glance (PDF)
Provides DCN’s Professional Development Offerings for the 2021-2022 School Year with codes, titles and durations only. The comprehensive brochure will be available by the end of May 2021.
- Scheduled Training Sessions
List of scheduled trainings.