Professional Development Overview
Professional training opportunities are developed by Diagnostic Center staff in response to needs identified by school district staff, both locally and statewide. The Diagnostic Center, Central California, disseminates a syllabus describing training opportunities available throughout the year and in various formats including:
- One-day workshops: held in your region or district.
- Comprehensive training and technical assistance projects: in-depth content training and multiple levels of follow-up support, including demonstration teaching and on-site consultation.
- Video-conferencing: certain technical assistance opportunities can be accomplished via videoconferencing, allowing multiple follow-ups and eliminating travel constraints.
- Other Services
There is no cost for any of our training services. Training is available on a "first come, first served" basis. A minimum of 25 participants is required at most trainings.
For more information and to schedule a training, visit the Request a Training page.
Additional Training Resources
Professional Development Catalog
Professional Development Catalog (PDF)
Provides information regarding the formal professional learning activities offered by the Diagnostic Center, Northern California to Local Education Agency (LEA) staff, and parents, and other educational professionals.
- Scheduled Training Sessions
List of scheduled trainings.
Request A Training
Don't see a training on the current Training Calendar? Review the Professional Development Catalog (PDF) and request a training by sending an email to DCNTrainings@dcn-cde.ca.gov.
- Overview of DCN Services
- Assessment Referral Process
- Professional Development Training Catalog
- Request a Training
- Training Calendar
- Dyslexia Training Series (PDF)
- Employment Opportunities
- Positive Environments, Network of Trainers (PENT)
- COVID-19 Notice
- California Department of Education