Technical Assistance Projects
Technical Assistance Implementation Projects are individually designed to meet specific LEA or SELPA needs. Projects are designed to provide in-depth content training and multiple levels of follow-up support including hands-on coaching and technical assistance with on-site collaboration. These projects include multiple service days that may be interspersed over a period of weeks, months or several years to ensure sustainability and scaling up.
- Evidence of administrative support for the project must be provided
- Participants must be part of district, SELPA or County Office of Education team
- All participants must commit to fully participate in the training project and agree to "homework" and attempting recommendations/strategies between sessions
How to request:
Due to our time commitments, projects are available on a limited basis. If you have an idea or a need for a technical assistance implementation project and would like to start something this year, please contact the Diagnostic Center Director, Gloria Mau at 510-794-2500; email@example.com. Depending on your request, we may be able to initiate a project this school year.
Possible project topics include (but are not limited to):
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Students with Intellectual Disabilities
- Best Practices for Secondary Transitions
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) and Special Education
- Social-Emotional Learning in the Classroom