Comprehensive Professional Development Projects
The Diagnostic Center provides curriculum leadership to Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and Special Education Local Plan Areas (SELPAs). Comprehensive Professional Development Projects are individually designed to meet specific LEA or SELPA needs. Projects are typically multiple service days interspersed over a period of time. Projects are designed to provide services in various formats:
- In-depth content training followed by multiple levels of consultation.
- On-site consultation that includes demonstrations teaching, observation, recommendations and problem solving/coaching
- Consultation and technical assistance sessions with teachers and administrative support teams.
These projects are available on a limited basis and require:
- Evidence of administrative support
- Participants must commit to fully participate and agree to "homework"; attempting recommendations/strategies between sessions
Request for Comprehensive Professional Development Project should be made to the Diagnostic Center Director, Gloria Mau at email@example.com or (510) 794-2500.
Site, District or SELPA teams are invited to consult with Diagnostic Center specialists. Individual student consultation is especially helpful when a diagnosis is in question, when the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team would like assistance with "next steps" in planning individual student programs or to understand the education implications of certain medical and/or mental health conditions. Program development consultations services are also available. These services are available at the Diagnostic Center or via video conferencing. Contact Gloria Mau, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 794-2500 for more information.