Psychoeducational Evaluations for Teachers: Understanding Specific Learning Disability
Teachers receive psychoeducational evaluations about each of their students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs). What do all those standard scores really mean? This training will discuss how the information in a psychoeducational report can support teachers with planning effective academic interventions and quality educational programs.
- Education specialists
- General education teachers
- Reading specialists
- Explore the cognitive processing areas a psychoeducational report evaluates and how they are assessed.
- Explore how information from a psychoeducational evaluation can inform educational strategies.
- Explore the basics of federal handicapping disability qualification for Specific Learning Disability (SLD).
- Explore the difference between a discrepancy model and the Patterns of Strengths and Weaknesses (PSW) model and how educators can support the educational team in creating an assessment battery.
Daniel Silberstein, M.Ed., Education Specialist
Wednesday, December 6, 2023 from 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM