Math Screeners and Tier 2 Interventions
Joey Chapman, an Education Specialist at the Diagnostic Center North, invites all Special Education Teachers, General Education Teachers, and Administrators to join this virtual 90-minute training dedicated to taking a deeper dive into understanding math screeners as well as Tier 2 Math Interventions. Not having well researched and data driven math intervention programs can lead to over referrals for initial special education assessments, and this training will address that issue.
The 90-minute training will include topics such as:
- What is Response to Intervention (RTI)?
- What is Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)?
- What do RTI and MTSS have in common and how are they different?
- What are math screeners? When do you give them? How do you use their data to put students into Tier 2 intervention groups?
- What are examples of Tier 2 Math Interventions? What do they look like? How long do they go on for? What do you do with the data?
- What are commonly used Tier 2 Math Interventions that are being used today? What do they each offer?
- Special Education Teachers
- General Education Teachers
Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 from 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Math Screeners and Tier 2 Interventions Registration
About the Trainer
Joey Chapman is an Educational Specialist with the Diagnostic Center of Northern California. She has a Master's in Education and has worked in the field of education for over 17 years. Prior to working at the Diagnostic Center of Northern California she was a 3rd grade general education teacher for 5 years and a special education resource specialist for 7 years in San Leandro Unified School District. Joey is inspired to be able to support both new and veteran teachers and is passionate about making sure that learning is accessible and engaging for all students.