The Impact of Trauma at School
This training provides information about the impact of trauma on students' capacities to benefit from their educational programs, the signs and symptoms to look for when screening students for trauma-related problems, and assessment tips to help determine the extent to which a particular student's difficulties in school are likely related to traumatic experiences. A brief overview of evidence-based strategies to address trauma through school-based mental health services is also included along with resources to assist in service planning.
- Learn to screen for possible trauma-related problems and recognize some major signs and symptoms consistent with trauma which may be observed in students
- Learn assessment practices identify students whose trauma-related symptoms decrease their capacity to benefit from school
- Learn about evidence-based practices for addressing trauma through school-based mental health interventions
- Gain an increased awareness of emotional functioning in order to help guide teams towards appropriate goals and interventions
- School Psychologists
- General Education and Special Education Teachers, especially those who serve students with emotional/behavioral problems
- School-Based Mental Health Professionals
Monday, February 6th, 2023, From 3:00pm - 4:30pm
The Impact of Trauma at School Zoom Registration
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.