Dyslexia Training Series - Winter 2023-2024
- Special Education and General Education teachers
- Reading specialists
- School psychologists
- Speech pathologists
Daniel Silberstein, M.Ed., Education Specialist
Screening and Early Intervention for Struggling Readers and Students with Dyslexia
Prepare and learn how to screen students for dyslexia and learn ways to support students in a general education setting if they appear to be at risk
- Learn about the components of phonological processing.
- Learn how to screen a student's phonological processing and early reading skills.
- Learn how screening data can inform a reading intervention program.
- Learn about academic interventions for students at risk for dyslexia.
December 14, 2023 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Assessing for Dyslexia
Learn how to formally assess to determine if a child has a dyslexic profile based on the California Dyslexia Guidelines.
- Learn about the components of phonological processing and orthographic processing.
- Learn formal assessment tools to identify the Specific Learning Disability (SLD) dyslexia.
- Learn through case studies to decide if the student meets psycho-educational criteria for dyslexia.
- Learn how to talk to families and educational stakeholders about a student with a dyslexic profile.
January 18, 2024 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Academic Interventions: Intensifying Instruction for Struggling Readers and Students with Dyslexia
Learn explicit multimodal reading interventions for students who have a dyslexic profile.
- Learn multimodal instructional strategies for students with phonological processing deficits.
- Learn about instructional supports for students with orthographic processing deficits.
- Learn about technology tools to support reading intervention programs.
February 15, 2024 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM