The Diagnostic Center provides curriculum leadership to LEAs and SELPAs. Comprehensive Professional Development Projects are individually designed to meet specific LEA or SELPA needs. Projects are typically multiple service days interspersed over a period of time. Projects are designed to provide services in various formats:
- In-depth content training followed by multiple levels of consultation.
- On-site consultation that includes demonstrations teaching, observation, recommendations and problem solving/coaching
- Consultation and technical assistance sessions with teachers and administrative support teams.
These projects are available on a limited basis and require:
- Evidence of administrative support
- Participants must commit to fully participate and agree to "homework"; attempting recommendations/strategies between sessions.
Request for Comprehensive Professional Development Project should be made to the Diagnostic Center Director, Robin Zane at (510) 794-2500.Back to top
Site, District or SELPA teams are invited to consult with Diagnostic Center Specialist. Individual student consultation is especially helpful when a diagnosis is in question, when the IEP team would like assistance with "next steps" in planning individual student programs or to understand the education implications of certain medical and/or mental health conditions. Program development consultations services are also available. These services are available at the Diagnostic Center or via video conferencing. Contact Cathy Thoni , Assistant Director at (510) 794-2500 for more information.Back to top
To meet the demand for services, we offer videoconferencing as an optional way for LEAs and SELPA's to access training and technical assistance. Many school districts, County Offices of Education and Community Colleges have videoconferencing equipment available for a wide range of staff development activities including meetings, trainings and technical assistance.
Typical video conferences are no more than 2 hours in length. Possible uses for videoconferencing include:
- Case conferencing between Diagnostic Center staff and LEA to assist with individual student cases.
- Follow-up services for students who have been previously assessed by the Diagnostic Center.
- Mini-trainings on curriculum topics specific to LEA needs
LEA is responsible for identifying local technology person to coordinate with the Diagnostic Center. For information or to schedule a video conference contact Cathy Thoni at (510)794-2500 or email@example.com.Back to top